CArbon Dioxide & OXygen for Your Dairy- or Meat WasteWater Operation
Whole System Wastewater Treatment
Praxair gases can be used in many ways to treat wastewater. Whether you need oxygen or carbon dioxide for treatment of waste byproducts in your dairy or meat operation, Praxair’s wastewater gas applications can improve your productivity.
In dairy plants, where the fluctuating loads of the discontinuous production cycle cause operational difficulties, Praxair gases can facilitate:
- A self-buffering equilibrium in which water pH levels do not drop below 6.5.
- The elimination of mineral acids, avoiding the risks they pose.
- Reduced pipeline corrosion and related maintenance costs.
In addressing the particulate and dissolved fats and proteins associated with meat wastewater processing, treatment with Praxair gases:
- Can address odor from blood and manure.
- Provide a high purity oxygen system to handle the increased biological oxygen demand.
- Help facilitate compliance with local wastewater regulations.
Praxair has a long history of providing industrial and process gases for water and wastewater processing. A quick call to Praxair is the first step to see where an industrial gas application might improve your operation.